Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Geared Equity Fund
(as at 30 Jun 2019)
|Performance||1 mth %||3 mths %||1 yr % p.a.||3 yrs % p.a.||4 yrs % p.a.||5 yrs % p.a.||Since inception % p.a. *|
Unit price as at 15 Jul 2019
Redemption price $ 0.3062
Net asset value $ 0.3072
Application price $ 0.3083
Quarterly Investment Update, March 2019
(as at 30 Jun 2019)
PERFORMANCE DISCLAIMER: Please note that the figures above represent past performance, and past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Returns are volatile and may fluctuate quickly and significantly. Because the investment exposure of the Fund is geared, both the gains and losses made by the Fund are magnified, relative to an ungeared portfolio. Neither Maple-Brown Abbott Limited nor any other person makes any representation nor gives any guarantee as to the future performance or success of, the rate of income or capital return from, recovery of money invested in, or income tax or other taxation consequences of, any investment in the trusts shown on this website.
* Inception date is 1 October 2002.
** Performance figures are calculated using withdrawal values and assume that income is reinvested. Annual management fees and expenses have been taken into account, however no allowance has been made for entry fees, tax or any rebates that may be given.
*** S&P/ASX 200 Index (Total Returns).
About the Fund
The Fund aims to outperform (before fees) the S&P/ASX 200 Index (Total Returns) over rolling four-year periods.
- Access to an Australian share portfolio that aims to deliver long-term capital growth with the potential for enhanced performance through the use of gearing
- The potential for tax-effective income through access to franked dividends
- The potential to receive half-yearly distributions
- The opportunity to invest in a fund managed by a team of experienced and dedicated investment professionals
- Access to investment opportunities and risk management techniques not generally available to individual investors
(as at 30 Jun 2019)
Latest Fact Sheet
|Fund size||$ 20.7 Million|
|Inception date||Oct 2002|
|Distribution frequency||June, December|
|Unit pricing frequency||Daily|
|Minimum initial investment||$ 1,500|
|Minimum additional investment||$ 1,000|
(as at 30 Jun 2019)
|Australia & New Zealand Banking Gp|
|National Australia Bank|
|QBE Insurance Group|
|Westpac Banking Corporation|
Value and balance sheet characteristics
(as at 31 May 2019)
|Price:Cash Flow Ratio||9.0||10.6|
|Price:Net Tangible Assets Ratio||1.9||2.4|
|Grossed up Dividend Yield (%)||7.3||6.0|
|Balance Sheet Strength **||0.33||0.42|
|Growth in Earnings per Share||2.0||1.0|
* Represents our quantitative data which includes 97.6% of the index weight of the stocks in the Benchmark, plus non-Benchmark stocks.
** Cash Flow/Total Liabilities.
The figures shown above are based on 2020 estimates.
Sector weights vs. benchmark
(as at 30 Jun 2019)
Here you will find the distribution history for the Fund.
Generally, the main components of distributions are dividends received, and interest, realised capital gains and other income derived by the Fund, less fees and expenses.
The distributions are expressed as cents per unit.
|Date||Cents per unit||Div 12-H Summary||Taxable Component Summary|
|30/06/2019||0.9185 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||n/a|
|31/12/2018||1.3238 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||n/a|
|30/06/2018||0.3493 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||n/a|
|31/12/2017||1.1860 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||n/a|
|30/06/2017||0.3650 ¢||Div 12-H Summary||n/a|
Unit price history
Here you will find the unit price history for the Fund.
|Date||Redemption price||Net asset value||Application price|
|15/07/2019||$ 0.3062||$ 0.3072||$ 0.3083|
|12/07/2019||$ 0.3109||$ 0.3119||$ 0.3130|
|11/07/2019||$ 0.3118||$ 0.3129||$ 0.3140|
|10/07/2019||$ 0.3111||$ 0.3122||$ 0.3133|
|09/07/2019||$ 0.3107||$ 0.3118||$ 0.3129|
|08/07/2019||$ 0.3107||$ 0.3118||$ 0.3128|
|05/07/2019||$ 0.3164||$ 0.3175||$ 0.3185|
|04/07/2019||$ 0.3154||$ 0.3165||$ 0.3175|
|03/07/2019||$ 0.3135||$ 0.3145||$ 0.3156|
|02/07/2019||$ 0.3114||$ 0.3124||$ 0.3135|
^ Ex price.
Forms & reports
Forms & reports
Below is a range of important forms and reports that are available.
To invest with us you should ensure you have read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including the Additional Information Booklet (AIB), before completing the Initial Application Form.
The Fact Sheet will provide you with an update on the Fund including performance and positioning.
Invest with us
Invest with us
You can invest in Maple-Brown Abbott funds in a number of ways.
- Directly with Maple-Brown Abbott
Maple-Brown Abbott accepts investments directly from individuals who meet the minimum investment requirements.
- Carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including the Additional Information Booklet (AIB), to ensure that you understand how the product works and the risks involved.
- Fill out and sign the Initial Application Form (including customer identification).
- Submit your application. The PDS includes mailing and payment details.
- Once your application and payment are received, you'll receive a letter confirming your investment details.
Download Customer identification forms
- Customer Identification for Individuals and Sole Traders
- Customer Identification for Trusts and Trustees
- Customer Identification for Australian and Foreign Companies
- Customer Identification for Associations
- Customer Identification for Government Bodies
- Customer Identification for Registered Co-operatives
- Customer Identification for Partnerships and Partners
- Electronic Verification Consent
- FATCA Information
- Through a Financial Adviser
You can invest in the Fund through a Financial Adviser. Financial Advisers generally invest in managed funds through platforms.
Our funds are currently available on the following platforms
Still need help?
Investing is easy with BPAY®
BPAY® is a secure payment facility that enables you to invest directly from your bank account into your Maple-Brown Abbott funds using your phone or internet banking service.
Why use BPAY® ?
BPAY® is an electronic funds transfer payment method, initiated by you, from your bank account to your Maple-Brown Abbott investment account. By using the convenience of phone or internet banking, BPAY® allows for the prompt (next business day) transfer of funds into your investment account.
BPAY® Reference Number
Your BPAY® Customer Reference Number has two parts to it.
- The first is a four-digit number which relates to the specific fund that you’d like to invest in. Please select the relevant number carefully.
- The second part is your Investor Number. When you start investing with Maple-Brown Abbott, you’ll be provided with an Investor Number. In addition, in your welcome pack you would have received a pocket sized card with your investor details. You can also find this information on MBA Online via the Account Details screen or your financial adviser can provide you with the number.
The Biller Code for all the funds shown below is 489906.
Note: by using a Biller Code to make a BPAY® deposit, you acknowledge you’ve received Product Disclosure Statements (PDSs) for the managed investments in your account and agree to receive PDSs (including information about significant events or matters affecting them) electronically via MBA Online. You can access these documents via the ‘PDSs’ menu option on MBA Online.
To invest in one of the Maple-Brown Abbott funds using BPAY® you need a BPAY® Reference Number and Biller Code.
|If you’d like to make a payment to this fund||Your BPAY® reference number is|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Geared Equity Fund — Retail||7526+ your Investor Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Geared Equity Fund — Wholesale||7620+ your Investor Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Share Fund — Retail||7507+ your Investor Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Share Fund - Wholesale||7601+ your Investor Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Sharemarket Fund - Retail*||7508+ your Investor Number|
|Maple-Brown Abbott Sharemarket Fund - Wholesale *||7617+ your Investor Number|
* Closed to new investors
How do I start using BPAY®?
- Register with your financial institution’s phone and/or internet banking service.
- Obtain your BPAY® Reference Number.
- Contact your financial institution via phone or internet banking and provide the required security details (such as password and user ID).
- Follow the prompts for the BPAY® payment facility. You’ll need to provide your unique BPAY® Reference Number, and Biller Code, payment amount and the bank account from which your payment is to be made.
- The details of the transaction will be repeated back or displayed for you and you’ll be prompted to confirm the payment.
- You’ll then be given a receipt number for your reference.
- You also need to ensure the BPAY® deposit matches the online instructions given to your financial adviser (for example, correct Biller Code, and the payment type and deposit amounts are the same). If the instructions don’t match, we may not be able to match the payment to the deposit and it may be allocated as per the default investment instructions and up-front fee specified on your account.
Note: instructions submitted by your financial adviser online only remain valid for 30 days, so you need to ensure a BPAY® deposit is transferred within this time frame.
BPAY® deposit limits
Daily BPAY® transfer limits are enforced by all financial institutions. You’ll need to check with your financial institution to obtain the daily transaction limit for your account.
How is my BPAY® deposit invested in my MBA investment account?
BPAY® deposits are automatically allocated to your Maple-Brown Abbott investment account on the next working day.
Will I receive confirmation?
Your financial institution will give you a receipt number which confirms it has identified and authorised the BPAY® payment instruction. You should keep this for future reference. You can also check MBA Online to confirm the transaction has been made.
Fees And Costs
Management Costs *
% 1 & 2
% 3 & 5
1) Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted on a GST inclusive basis and net of any applicable Reduced Input Tax Credits.
2) The base fee is the fee we charge for managing the assets and overseeing the operations of the Fund, expressed as a percentage of the net asset value of the Fund. The Fund invests part of its assets in other funds which we manage. Base fees in those funds are either rebated or not charged, in respect of an investment by the Fund to avoid double counting of fees in respect of those underlying funds.
3) All other components of the management costs are based on the indirect costs and recoverable expenses incurred during the prior financial year ended 30 June.
5) Under the Fund’s Constitution we are entitled to be reimbursed for authorised expenses incurred in managing and administering a Fund, however at present we have chosen not to be reimbursed for routine fund expenses including registry, custodian, accounting, audit costs and legal expenses (excluding transaction costs) which are paid by us out of our base fee. Any levy payable to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) may however be paid out of the Fund.
* Fees may be negotiated if you are a wholesale investor as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Transactional and Operational Costs
|Total transactional and
|Net transactional and
1) Transactional and operational costs represent the estimated costs from the Fund’s investing activities. These costs are in addition to the management costs. The transactional and operational costs are reflected in the unit price and impact the performance of the Fund. These costs include brokerage, settlement costs, Borrowing costs (including interest and loan fees) clearing costs, stamp duty and other taxes on an investment transaction. It also includes the difference between the price paid for purchasing securities and the price that would be payable if selling securities (i.e. bid/ask spread).
2) Buy-sell spread recovery represents the amount charged to investors that relates to investor applications and withdrawals.
3) Based on the estimated costs incurred during the prior financial year ended 30 June, expressed as a percentage of the average Fund net asset value.
Buy / Sell Spreads *
|0.34 / 0.34|
* The buy-sell spread is an additional cost to you. This ensures existing investors are not disadvantaged due to the costs associated with buying or selling the Fund’s investments as a result of applications and withdrawals.
- Sharemarket Fund (closed to new investors)