Asia Pacific ex-Japan
Our value-based investment philosophy and disciplined investment process has been in place for over 30 years, and applied to the Asia Pacific region for over 14 years.
Our Asia Pacific capability covers three equity strategies – Asia ex-Japan, Asia Pacific ex-Japan and Pacific Developed ex-Japan.
At the heart of our investment philosophy is our bottom-up stock selection approach, which is driven by in-depth analysis and estimates, prepared by our experienced team of investment professionals.
We use this internal research to help us identify companies in the Asian region that are currently trading at an attractive discount to their true underlying value. These companies may have fallen out of favour with investors in the short-term due to an adverse market event such as a company-specific announcement, profit downgrade or negative growth outlook.
We know from our decades of experience that the market, more often than not, overreacts to many of these short-term events. That’s why we always take a long-term view, as it allows us to look through this short-term ‘noise’ and invest in good companies at attractive prices. It’s an investment approach that is described as contrarian, given we tend to avoid those companies that are seen as ‘market favourites’.
Key benefits of our investment capability
- Our track record of long-term capital growth
- Our disciplined value investment philosophy
- Our strong alignment with client interests
- Our experienced investment team
Our investment philosophy and process
Asia Pacific Region
United Kingdom, Europe and Middle East
Managing Partner - Douse Associates
Phone: +44 7841 142 610
This information has not been prepared specifically for Australian investors. It:
- may contain references to dollar amounts which are not Australian dollars;
- may contain financial information which is not prepared in accordance with Australian law or practices;
- may not address risks associated with investment in foreign currency denominated investments; and
- does not address Australian tax issues.